miniature photo dump and #reverb10, December 13 - 15

One time, my roommate canned tomatoes. I was like, "How Berkeley can you get?" She shot me a look over her bowl of organic yogurt and granola, picked up her mason jar, and sipped her tap water superciliously. I responded by pushing my glasses up my nose and staging a protest by sitting on our plants and refusing to eat.

A couple of her tomatoes were deformed (not a euphemism). We staged a scene.

We also found a worm friend in our leafy greens.

One time I took this many bobby pins out of my hair in one go, and then I remembered that time I couldn't get past the TSA metal detectors because the pins in my hair kept setting them off.

Our stain remover is totally awesome. Like going back to Hogwarts after summer holidays.

Our apartment had a pre-Thanksgiving dinner, which consisted of butternut squash soup, salmon, dinner rolls, mashed potatoes, and green bean casserole. It was delicious, like the plums in the icebox.

Our method for photographing all of us with the food was quite innovative. Also dangerous.

Some #reverb10 prompts after the jump.


PROMPT FOR DECEMBER 13, 2010: Action. When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step?
  1. Finish these #reverb10 prompts, even if they’re late. Once these are over, go back to Write One Leaf prompts, and if I get bored of those, work on scripts. Any kind of scripts, because I know I’m going to get sick of straight-up prose fairly soon.

  2. Finish the script for the video post I have been planning. (Filming it will be a later endeavor, but I think I need to rework what I have right now because of location constraints.)

  3. Leave 10 (sincere) blog comments. (Really, this should be an everyday thing, but I don’t feel comfortable commenting for the sake of commenting (even if they’re sincere and thought-out comments) unless I have something interesting to offer in return for someone’s traffic.)

  4. Find a new place to take outfit photos. Not sure how this is going to work because I don’t want to take photos indoors, but I also don’t want to carry a tripod around and take outfit photos alone. Also not sure if I really want to do this because my blog is meant to be “daily wear” and not “editorial-status” outfits. Anyway, I’ll keep my eyes peeled for something better than the blank wall in the living room.

  5. Ask around so I can see if starting an interview series aimed at college students (aka aimed at 18-year-old me) is feasible or not. (But first refine my draft interview questions because they’re a little sterile.)

  6. Write some of those posts I have sitting around at various stages of completion. (Yes, the ones in draft.doc. I'll find my relevant videos and links and pictures and my wording of choice and just post the damn things.)
---------------------

PROMPT FOR DECEMBER 14, 2010: Appreciate. What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?

Change. I like change. Especially little changes, like a new nail polish color or an unpronounceable Middle Eastern dish or taking a different route to class. Change is refreshing. Change can get tiring, though, especially big changes, or constant changes, which is when routine starts to look inviting. Most of the time, I am afraid of change, because things are usually going pretty well as they are, and I like being anchored to something, and change guarantees nothing. Change has no one-year warranty, it won’t go with everything in your wardrobe, and it doesn’t care if you are trying your hardest to swim against it.

This year, I was reminded that change shakes everything up. (It shakes up Christmas.) Some changes are easier to go along with than to resist. Sometimes you cling to change because the Right Now is so bad that any change is good. Sometimes you fight change, but change wins because change is bigger than you and you don’t have a slingshot. But most of the time, change washes over you, creeps in on you. You breathe in change, even though you can’t see it, and it passes through your alveoli into your bloodstream and pretty soon every cell of your body is changedchangedCHANGED.

Change can be sweet and exciting and uplifting, but most of the time it also hurts. Changing bandages hurts, because your skin and scabs get stuck to the gauze, and when you rip it off, you have to bleed again before you can breathe again and heal completely.

Change is a funny companion, but like death, you can meet it with fear or with respect.

---------------------

PROMPT FOR DECEMBER 15, 2010: 5 Minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.

Dear Sam,

In 2010 you legitimately tried to see if you could get a computer science degree, because people whose opinions you valued wanted you to do it, and you were afraid of what would happen if you didn’t, and if you didn’t try it, whether or not it would be a waste of potential. You failed, but it was pretty awesome, because you met this dirty blond girl named Stephanie who was your lab partner and probably the first person at Cal you met and wanted to be friends with for no reason other than that she was interesting and cool, not out of necessity or proximity.

After a spring semester of computer science prereq/prep-type classes, you did summer school. It was even more awesome but sucked a lot, and you spent a lot of time crying. You finished anyway, because the staff and your classmates were wonderful. Full of wonder. Instilling wonder in you. And you kind of liked it, you know.

Then you tried to continue in the fall, even though the thought of it made you kind of sick and itchy and vomity, and then you stopped because you were crying too much and the rest of your life got put on the back burner and you did not like it at all.

In 2010 you started writing again, which you liked a lot. It was healing at first. Then you remembered that it was fun. You also made some money from blogging. Yay SEO! Also this 12-year-old (now 13) named Isabella started an email correspondence with you, and it was a lot of fun and you hope it will continue to be.

ALSO YOU HAVE THIRTY SECONDS LEFT AND YOU FEEL YOUR SOCIAL CIRCLE SHIFTING DRASTICALLY AND YOU THOUGHT ABOUT DEATH A LOT ESPECIALLY WITHIN YOUR FAMILY BUT FELT OKAY ABOUT IT, AND NOT EVEN IN THE LEAVE-ME-ALONE-I’M-FINE WAY, BUT IN AN ENLIGHTENED NIRVANA WAY TIME’S UP
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

+ comments + 1 comments

December 24, 2011 at 11:08 AM

Please stop reposting my content before I ask Google to take it down.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Missy Doroshi - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online