crafty endeavors

Just wondering, does blogger directly link to images? Because if so, that kind of sucks. It seems like it does, though. But anyway. Is nemrešpobjećodnedjelje not wearing the coolest gigantic scarf ever?


So I'm trying to knit a giant scarf. Since its giganticness will be the center of attention, I'm just using whatever acrylic yarn I have lying around that isn't rainbow (as in the yarn itself is rainbow... which is scary, but I do own a couple rainbow skeins). Progress report:

In other news, I was walking around the house for exercise (okay, not really, but haven't you always thought how sad it was that women in, like, Jane Austen books (which I haven't read, by the way, because the plotlines kill me in the first twenty pages, although I must admit the prose is good) have to walk around the house for exercise?) and I saw this fabric sitting in stacks on top of our massive piggy bank. I think my grandma brought it out from the garage/her neverending stash of fabric:

And as soon as I saw it, I knew that 1) it was so tacky nobody in this house would ever dream of using it, which meant I could, and 2) it reminded me desperately of Prada's 2008 Resort Collection:

Except uglier. Which is even better. Speaking of daffodils, because, um... the print is floral, so daffodils are not an unrelated subject, here are the daffodils I received on Valentine's Day, in various states of wilting, because I think they're funny:


How sad. I love daffodils. And sunflowers. And daisies. I suppose I have an affinity for yellow flowers. Or flowers with yellow. My friend got me daffodils because I like daffodils, but also because daffodils are also called narcissi. Narcissuses. Nar... The daffodil is also called a narcissus, and we all know how Narcissus fell in love with his reflection.

Because I am the center of the universe. Duh. And to prove it, here are some pictures. Of ME! Someday I will take pictures of all my shoes and you can imagine them here.

Denim jacket: delia's. White ruffled shirt with ruffles stuffed into the front: mother's. Short shorts: wetseal (I'm surprised they haven't disintegrated). Leggings: United Colors of Benetton (I bought these before the leggings shit hit the painfully mainstream fan. Sad, especially because I love leggings and hosiery). Socks: Target, maybe.

Beanie: mother's from the Gap, because my brother used to get a discount when he worked there. Black v-neck short-sleeve sweater: mother's. Brown printed longsleeve thermal: Kohl's. Floral slip: vintage, estate sale. Tights: Hue. Socks: gift.

Scarf: mother's. Pink longsleeve: United Colors of Benetton. Cardigan: mother's, salvaged from the bag of stuff to be thrown away because they were deemed to be too hideous. Green circle kirt: crafted from way-overpriced stretchy Britex fabric. Tights: Some generic drugstore brand.

Blue cardigan: grandmother's. Collared shirt: grandmother's. Belt: came with some trashy looking shirt my mom bought so she could have the belt. Skirt: Nordstrom Rack, and it does this really awkward bunching up thing when I walk. Tights: Generic drugstore brand. Socks: gift.

And isn't it ironic how Forever21 is selling those Go-Green type bags when most of its stuff is imported and has to be shipped overseas with vehicles that WOW who would've suspected burn fossil fuels to operate, releasing carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, and sulfur dioxide, contributing to global climate change and air pollution?

My friends have been telling me my environmental science class is brainwashing me. Maybe, except I still take forty-minute showers and get driven to school even though it's a ten-minute bus ride. I just think people should know a little something before they buy hypocritical merchandise with Green slapped across it because it's what everyone else is doing.

Dear imaginary readers, let me leave you with a this somewhat unrelated video, which totally made me cry a little, snagged from GalaDarling.
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Missy Doroshi - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online