reblog: 10 Questions for a Cal Student Blogger

Here are the questions I answered in an interview for BARE Magazine's blog:

1. What inspired you to start your blog?
Agathe from StyleBytes! When she was still actively blogging, I used her posts instead of the runway as a trend barometer because I totally wanted to be her. She was inspired by everything and was, I think, a really good example of style on a budget. I mean, I used to post outfits to mystylediary, but I wasn’t satisfied with it at all. I’d had a personal website in some form or other since 2002 or 2003 (this is embarrassing), but it always felt too self-centered to blog about what I wore. I didn’t really pick up blogging consistently until I was a second-semester senior in high school with too much time on my hands, but by then, fashion blogging had become much more widespread, so it was easier to be less self-conscious about it.

2. You do a lot of self-style posts. How does it feel to be on that side of the camera?
Haha, it’s awkward as hell when someone walks in on a self-timed photo. I’m lucky to have a mom and apartmentmates and friends who humor me and take my outfit photos for me sometimes, but I think you get over it after you think about how many other people out there are taking photos of themselves too. I mean, it’s more about documenting what I wear than about vanity… so I tell myself, and then I take twenty pictures until I get two flattering ones. Go figure. I get kind of nervous when I’m wearing something that doesn’t photograph well, or when I’m wearing a What The Hell Am I Wearing outfit because it’s going to be out there for the whole world to see, but I figure the mistakes are all part of my style too.

3. The most important item in a girl’s closet is:
A really flattering pair of jeans. And I’m not even a pants person.

4. Berkeley is the last place that comes to mind when we think fashion. Has living here had any effect on your personal style?
Yeah! I think Berkeley is full of so many different kinds of people, especially young people, that it’s harder to stand out (which was what my goal used to be). I used to go shopping and just buy whatever I thought no one else would ever consider wearing. Now it’s more about what I like to wear and what I “feel like hot shit” wearing, as Connie Wang once put it. I think I look a lot cleaner than I used to, which is saying something, because I still look like a mess sometimes.

5. Favorite item in your closet:
My $4.50 oxfords from Payless. They’re falling apart, but a repair would cost like twenty times what I paid for them.

6. Around campus, where are you most likely to be found?
Literally? In class, wherever that happens to be… and for this semester, in Zellerbach rehearsing for my intro to acting class.

7. Once graduation comes and it’s time to enter the “real world” what are your plans?
…I try not to think about it. I don’t know what you do with a double major in theater and linguistics. Pray?

8. If you weren’t blogging, how else would you spend your time?
Out with friends trying not to spend money. Or at home, reading or sewing or, you know, reveling in my hermitude.

9. Three things you can’t live without:
Dark chocolate, tinted lip balm, and really good writing.

10. Something we don’t know about you but should:
I LOVE the airport and I love flying. Sometimes I wish my hometown were farther away so I'd have to fly back instead of taking BART... but then I remember I live in San Francisco, which is way too glorious to give up.

(ALSO, see the interview with Brittany, the eye for style behind Work It, Berk.)
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Missy Doroshi - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online