Big envelopes don't mean anything

Not when everything is done electronically now. I just got my UC Davis email. I wasn't going to do another ranting post about college, but after seeing Miss Couturable's post detailing her spring break itinerary, I couldn't help but feel a little inferior. UPenn? Princeton? Yale? Really? Man.

Here I am, sitting happy about my honors/Regents scholarship for UC Irvine, not caring at all that I just got into Davis, and feeling sorry for my friends who didn't get into Davis because so many people applied to Davis as their backup school but the ones who got rejected were the ones who really wanted to go. And there's a junior visiting UPenn, Princeton, and Yale.

I always thought the Ivies were out of my league. Hell, I think Cal and LA are out of my league, but how nice would it be, how damn nice would it be to have a choice as to where you can go? I know I've said I'm okay with going to Irvine, and I really am (my brother's coming home tomorrow!), but wouldn't it be nice to be able to say, "I got into Berkeley and LA and MIT and Chicago and UPenn, but I chose Irvine." Not that I think I'd be saying that if it were true, but wouldn't it be nice to know that you're not attending your college because you had no other choices but because you realized it was the best fit for you?

I guess it's consolation knowing that... I don't think an Ivy would be a fit for me. But that's pretty poor consolation. Piss poor. Oh well. Life goes on, and wherever I am in ten years, there I'll be. Whatever happens on March 27th, the Cal/LA day, I'll still be me, and no small envelopes are going to change that.

I was once told that it doesn't matter where you go or what you major in, because if you're good at something, you'll be able to make a career out of it. I hope so, so badly that is true.
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Missy Doroshi - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online