The Plants Are Calling Her.

Yesterday I was romping around the house in true (pre-)college student fashion... no pun intended, but why not acknowledge it while it's there:

Above, UCI sweatshirt: brother. Shorts: brother's. Orthopedic slippers: probably my grandmother's.

I was the epitome of style. Oh yes.

So just to get off my lazy arrrse and wear something else, I decided to join my theater group at Sale's house to watch scary movies! This is what I wore to walk the twelve blocks to his house:

Above, headband camouflaged into my hair: Claire's. Dress: aunt's. Wool tights: Target. Shoes: Harajuku Lovers via Nordstrom Rack.

I showed up late for Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, which, oddly enough, was more difficult to understand in movie form than in musical form. (Plus, Jamie Campbell Bower (Anthony) reminds me too much of Daria Werbowy. Case in point:

Ahahaha. I crack myself up.) Anyway, the costumes really are fantastic, the dark colors and so many textures and especially the costumes for "By the Sea." Johnny Depp is fantastic and has a surprisingly nice voice and is very creepy. (But Ben Eakeley as the Beadle owns all of this, because he totally made a coffin look sexy.) I think to appreciate the movie, though, you have to know the musical (maybe) because there's a certain amount of... well, you have to suspend your disbelief a lot and accept things like copious amounts of fake blood.

Sweeney Todd was followed by an episode or two of Red vs. Blue: The Blood Gulch Chronicles, which I found hilarious, but that may be because I'm a huge dork. For the record, I don't play video or computer games, but I get a lot of the references because my friends are also huge dorks. (This is the truth. Do not deny.)

After complaining from everybody excluding me, the Duckling, and Brandon (the techie who brought RvB), we switched from RvB to Family Guy's "Blue Harvest," their hour-long Star Wars tribute episode. I've never actually watched Star Wars in its entirety (any episode), but I have seen Space Balls! Which was hilarious. I've never actually watched Family Guy, either. But damn that was funny because it was smart. I love smart humor. It tickles me.

Then we watched The Ruins which was sort of terrible (basic explanation: killer plants, stuck-up med student, Mexico, booze).

Then I left early before we finished Ju-on 2 (The Grudge 2... the Japanese version). What's with Japanese horror films and not having fingernails, anyway?

Okay, but to be honest, I'm not a scary movie kind of person at all. I went home, slept at midnight to avoid being the last one to sleep, woke up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, and was too afraid to pull the covers off and instead lay there (sweating... coldly) until my brain gave up trying to listen for suspicious noises and I drifted off. (I'm not kidding. Or exaggerating. I am a wuss.)

As a result of sleeping at midnight, I woke up at 8:33 this morning. I think that's a record for this summer (considering I woke up at 1:38 PM on Friday last week).

Oh yeah, and here's my second-day hair and headband:

Mmm. Glossy hard plastic. How clean and preppy.
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Missy Doroshi - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online