coffee, tea, or me? and #reverb10, December 25 - 27

In which I am so nervously jittery with my cup of hot tea that my tongue is burnt for the next two days.

Also, in which I am pleasantly surprised.

Above, cardigan: Uniqlo. Floral thermal: not sure. Shorts: alloy + button swap. Tights: BP Nordstrom. Socks: Target. Boots: Steven by Steve Madden. Red plaid coat: delia's.

Also I would just like to make it clear that I am currently (at the time of my writing this and at the time of posting) at the hospital, in transit, or asleep. If I have a typo in my posts, please email me and I'll get to it as soon as I can (which might not be very soon at all; same goes for your comments). Also I'm over my cell phone's data usage limit, and I don't know when my next billing cycle starts. So basically I am cut off from the internet until about 10 PM every night, at which point I am probably too tired to do anything other than sleep. (I don't know how nurses do it.) Also this is the last of my queued posts, and I apologize for the spotty posting to come.

#reverb10 prompts after the jump.


PROMPT FOR DECEMBER 25, 2010: Photo – a present to yourself. Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.

The original intent of this blog being to chronicle my personal style, I chose to interpret this prompt as “Go through all your outfit photos from the past year and pick out the one you would wear to kick the world’s ass.”

It took me all of ten seconds, because I already had my Outfit of the Year in mind. This is both who I am and who I strive to be:

[from this post]

Colorful, coordinated, bejeweled, plaid, floral, untrendy, and filthy-haired. (Of course, the only adjectives I claim for everyday use are “untrendy” and “filthy-haired,” but I’m plaid and floral a considerable proportion of the time, too. I must give credit where credit is due. Because of my poor sentence construction, DISCLAIMER: I don't strive to have filthy hair. I just have it. Often.) This outfit consists of hair grease, 99-cent lipstick, a hand-me-down shirt, a cheap-ass dress, socks from my childhood, and impressively worn-out shoes: who I am. It also consists of a boys’ shirt, sleepwear (or maternity clothes; I’m not sure which the dress was supposed to be), classiness, playfulness, print coordination, color coordination, total confidence, and utter joy.

This photo was taken in September, with a self-timer, in my moldy apartment, before I went through the rest of my day feeling like light bulbs were turning on in my head. Lots of little light bulbs in the dark, illuminating the walls of my skull, lined with floral 1940s wallpaper, a bookshelf of my favorite worn-out paperbacks by my left ear, Second-Empire-style furniture done in galaxy print with wood varnished in pearlescent black, staggered around a roaring fireplace, and I was all, “Oh! Is that what I wanted all this time?”

---------------------

PROMPT FOR DECEMBER 26, 2010: Soul Food. What did you eat this year that you will never forget? What went into your mouth & touched your soul?

I would like to start off by saying that there is virtually nothing I “will never forget,” and that people who think they will “never forget” something must be talking about things they never had to learn in the first place.

There is virtually nothing I “will never forget,” and people who think they will “never forget” something must be talking about things they never had to learn in the first place.

I have now said that there is virtually nothing that I “will never forget” and that if I ever say that, it must be in reference to something that I never learned in the first place.

But seriously, one time, I ate some Dots. They were kind of gross. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being ordinary human feet and 10 being 144, I would put them at a 5. A 3 at the very lowest, because at least they were fruit-flavored, so they weren’t that bad. Besides, these were no ordinary Dots. Ordinary Dots are unappetizing chewy candies sold at movie theater concession stands for those unsuspecting, uninitiated souls who are dismayed to discover that the theater is all sold out of those Buncha Crunch things but would still like something sugary to munch on, blissfully unaware of how much of their mental energy will be diverted from their cinematic experience toward the task of prising that fruity corn syrup concoction off the backs of their front teeth.

Oh, no, these were not ordinary Dots. These were Dots I had given to my lab partner, as THE cheesiest gift I have ever deemed socially acceptable to thrust upon a fellow human. This was no personalized geisha-in-a-box kit for a closeted gay friend, who would find it entertaining and marginally useful, no secondhand dictionary highlighted with all the words that reminded me of its recipient, who could eventually thumb through it for the definition of nostalgia. No, this gift was not useful at all. It was just cheesy. I could have just gotten her a block of cheese instead, but the Dots represented our unity as a dot pair, a car and cdr united by one solitary ., two vagina’d anomalies in a sea of vaginaless computer science.

We ate them together. They were not delicious, but we ate them until we were sick, then attempted to get everyone within a sixty-foot radius to eat them too, so she could keep the box.

No, those were no ordinary Dots, and I hope but do not think they will stick to the inside of my brain as well as they stuck to my teeth so that I will never forget them.

---------------------

PROMPT FOR DECEMBER 27, 2010: Ordinary Joy. Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year?

Choosing one is hard, so. Ordinary momentS, in dialogue:

(Whispering.)
“How does our GSI sit up so straight?”
“What?”
“Look!”
“Oh! I don’t know. Can I do it?”
(Mad suppressed giggling.)
“I can’t do this! I’m so tired!”
“Me either!”
“Hey, what’s this?”
“A voiceless nasal?”
“That’s what I thought, but how do you make a voiceless nasal?!”
“…HHFFFFNNNNNNNFFFHHHH.”
(Silent apoplectic fit of laughter.)

~

“…”
“…”
“………”
“……………………”
“…Are you bored?”
“What?”
“Are you bored? I mean, we can finish now so you can go - ”
“No!”
“…”
“No.”

~

“I will not blackmail you.”

~


“But they have cheese in them!”
“You can take it out!”
“Not without unraveling the whole thing.”
“I bet I can pull it out vertically.”
“No way. Okay. I can’t lose.”
“You can’t.”

~

“U turn in ur hw?!”
“Yeah and awkwardly ran into our prof at the dept while doing it haha”
“Haha does he recognize you awake?”

~

“We graduate, we get jobs, we get married, we have kids – ”
“Do you have kids?”
“…No, but my wife is pregnant.”
“!!!”
“But don’t tell anyone!”
“…”

~

“I feel like you’re the only person I can tell this to who won’t think I’m completely fucked up crazy insane.”

~

“It’s like MAGIC!”
“NO! It’s not supposed to be like magic!”
“I mean it’s like awesome. They’re the same thing.”

~

“take bus pass”
“You are not strong enough to pick up this item.”
“read bus pass”
“Steven is not literate enough to read this.”

~

“wait”
“am super confused”
“am I the bear”
“or the shark”

~

“Is that a zero?”
“Yeah, it has a slash through it!”
“How was I supposed – ”
“Yes, it’s a zero! Not an O with a slash through it. Unless you’re in Northern Europe. In which case it’s a…”
“ø.”
“…HAHAHAHAHAHA!”
“How did you know that?!”
“Finally, someone else who knows IPA!”

~

“That guy you were talking to is REALLY cute. But he seems SO gay!”

~

STORY OF MY LIFE.
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Missy Doroshi - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online