young man's fancy

I'm in LA.

So about a year ago, I was watching The Dark Knight. I wore something that vaguely reminded me of the Joker. A year later, I decided to wear something slightly more blatantly Joker-referential, but I'm not sure if it worked any better.

Above, green corduroy blazer: delia's. Light pink thermal: Old Navy, gift. White shirt: Christian Dior, brother's. Necktie: Young Man's Fancy, thrifted. Vest: Nordstrom Rack. Jeans: Levi's via Costco + DIY. Socks: gift. Shoes: Payless.

While I don't know if Robert Talbott is the same one as the Robert Talbott of Robert Talbott & Audrey Talbott, who still make neckties, among other things, I do know that the name "Young Man's Fancy" comes from Alfred Lord Tennyson's poem "Locksley Hall," some of which I have snippeted for your reading pleasure, because my ability to make up words should assure you of my refined literary tastes.

flickr fireflies
Many a night I saw the Pleiads, rising thro' the mellow shade,
Glitter like a swarm of fire-flies tangled in a silver braid. (9 - 10)

pleiades flickrIn the Spring a livelier iris changes on the burnish'd dove;
In the Spring a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love. (19 - 20)

flickr irisLove took up the glass of Time, and turn'd it in his glowing hands;
Every moment, lightly shaken, ran itself in golden sands.
Love took up the harp of Life, and smote on all the chords with might;
Smote the chord of Self, that, trembling, pass'd in music out of sight.
(31 - 34)

flickr sands of timeEvery gate is throng'd with suitors, all the markets overflow.
I have but an angry fancy; what is that which I should do? (101 - 102)

flickr gateShall it not be scorn to me to harp on such a moulder'd string?
I am shamed thro' all my nature to have loved so slight a thing. (147 - 148)
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Missy Doroshi - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online