Natural homemade masks for fab skin

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this before but I’m a bit of a faddist. I’ll go through little phases where I decide I’m gonna be an artist or a chocolate maker or a runner or a writer or a guitarist (I kid you not – these have all seemed like totally feasible ideas to me in the past!) and I’ll throw myself into my latest project with such vigour that I’m sure I can’t possibly fail. Of course my new found enthusiasm wanes after about 5 minutes and I find something else to get excited about…

So I guess now would be as good a time as any to get to my point, eh? Well a few years back I decided I would only eat and use completely natural organic products. This included all my beauty products, makeup and food so it was far from easy, which is probably why the plan was all but forgotten within a month. My intentions are good, I’m just missing the all important follow through

One of the good things to come of it that I’ve actually done consistently (I never do anything consistently!) is make homemade face masks. I reckon they’re fab because the ingredients are usually things that I’ll have in the kitchen anyway – except for the strawberries which never last more than a day in my house – they’re all cheap as chips and the masks actually work fantastically well. You can’t really ask for more than that :)

Aaanyway, just wanted to mention a few that I think you might enjoy. They’re all unbelievably simple and only include a few basic ingredients

Yoghurt and Oatmeal mask. This is great for soothing chapped and irritated skin. If your skin is particularly oily feel free to add a few drops of lemon juice, if it’s on the dry side mix in a couple of teaspoons of honey

½ cup natural yoghurt (the mask is all the more refreshing if you use yoghurt straight from the fridge)
¼ cup oatmeal


Mix the ingredients together. Apply to the skin and leave for 10-15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly using warm water

Strawberry mask. I’m sure you have all heard of salicylic acid which is found in most over-the-counter acne products? Well strawberries are a natural source of salicylic acid which makes this great for keeping spots at bay and of course the youghurt is really soothing

1/3 cup fresh strawberries
¼ cup natural yoghurt


Mash the ingredients together. Apply to the skin and leave for 10-15 mins. Rinse thoroughly using warm water

Banana face mask. Thanks to the vitamins and minerals in bananas they make an amazing face mask ingredient because they are soothing, moisturising and even work as an anti-wrinkle treatment! The honey is particularly great for oily skin due to its antiseptic properties

¼ ripe banana
½ cup natural yoghurt
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon milk

Mash the goodies together. Apply to the skin and leave for 10-15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water

If you’re a fan of homemade face masks and have any favourite recipes feel free to mention them below. I’m always on the lookout for awesome new ingredients and combinations that will keep my skin looking its best! ♥
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Missy Doroshi - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online